Monday, January 13, 2020

GUIDING PHILOSOPHY AS A TEACHER by Abdola M. Salipada

GUIDING PHILOSOPHY AS A TEACHER
by Abdola M. Salipada


          “’Di jud ko magteacher, kapoy’g balik-balik sa eskwelahan. Kapoy’g sige’g badlong sa mga estudyante.” In English, “I don’t want to be a teacher, I’m so tired getting back to school. I’m tired of telling off the students.” Yeah, I admit that I said it to myself way back when I was in my elementary and high school days. Those really are my intuitions about being a teacher. And, I can’t believe myself that I’ll become a teacher someday, inshallah or in God’s will. I think they’re right that when you hate something, you will get it or you will be that thing. I really can’t imagine I enrolled in program of education.

          I grew up in a poor community and poor family in terms of financial aspects. I observed the life of having no education to some. As a future teacher, I just want my students to learn that they should finish their studies and find a descent job for theirselves, and for their family. I just want them to be reminded everytime I teach a lesson. I want to be a teacher with purpose, a teacher who uplift the students and feel that they really breath to chase their dreams because I believe everything will come true with courage and faith.

          Growing up also in a loving and sensitive family led me to hurt no one. What I want for my students is not to hurt them or offend them in terms of very sensitive matters. I don’t want them to be hurt by pointing out or by discriminating of what they believed in, just like their faith to their religion. Because, I’ve already experienced it on how some people react to my faith, as a Muslim, and I know how offensive it was. I just want nobody hurt somebody just because of what he or she stands with. I want my students to be good on their classmates, teachers, and as well to their parents. Yeah, I know it is hard to do but I will try it with all my might.

          As a teacher, it is my duty to encourage my students, and as well as myself to do better. I believe that I will not too strict. I want them (students) to laugh, and to see their smiles because I don’t even know what their lives inside their home. Maybe some of them are suffering for depression, stress, or maybe they are very cheerless, at least I did my part to make their day a bright one. I firmly believe in a saying, “A day without a laugh is a day wasted.”

          My college life maybe led me to embrace the value of being a teacher. I come to realize that being a teacher is like being a widow with so many children in different fathers. I will do my best to change the quote in the first paragraph into, “Gusto jud ko magteacher, nindot magbalik-balik sa eskwelahan. Makalingaw sige’g pamadlong sa mga estudyante.” In English, “I really want to be a teacher, I like getting back to school. I enjoyed lecturing the students.”


1 comment:

  1. I kinda relate to you. Keep it up. So touching philosophy.😟

    ReplyDelete

Comics Strip of The 1872 Cavite Mutiny - Cavite Mutiny Comics

The 1872 Cavite Mutiny I n the dedication page of his second book, El Filibusterismo, published in 1891, Dr. Jose Rizal wrote, “I dedic...